Life Drawing with local artist, Anthea da Silva
5:30PM - 7:30PM
$125 for 5 sessions or $30 per session
Wednesdays 5.30pm - 7.30pm
17, 24 November, 1, 8 + 15 December
Bookings via Eventbrite. Bookings for weekly sessions can only be made with the Gallery directly.
Book in for five weeks of Life Drawing. This term, sessions will be held in the Gallery amongst 'Goulburn Bustle 2021' and delivered by local artist, Anthea da Silva.
Our life drawing sessions are designed for the beginner, the lapsed & the totally hooked and will offer 2 hours of creative time out while sharing art chat & vino. Each week our live model will hold a dynamic range of short & longer poses to challenge you to focus in real time, to see and draw line and shape, form and tone.
Your workshop fee includes all materials, some tuition and light refreshments for the five sessions. We will supply a desktop easel, drawing boards (approx. A3 sized), paper and utensils but you are welcome to bring your own.
Anthea da Silva
Anthea da Silva is an artist whose portraiture and figurative works are inspired by a passion for Life Drawing, or ‘Yoga for Artists’. She’s facilitated Life Drawing sessions in Art Galleries, Wineries, Museums, Universities & Gyms in regional NSW, WA & Victoria for many years, and brings a combination of immersive and experimental techniques that also reflect her studies in anatomy, physiology and whole-brain learning. Anthea’s careers span Occupational Therapy, tertiary arts education and Gallery Programming & Curating and she’s presented workshops in prisons, hospitals, boardrooms and in remote outback communities. In March 2020, Anthea was awarded the inaugural Darling Portrait Prize at the NPG, Canberra with her portrait of Dr Elizabeth Cameron-Dalman, OAM. In 2020, she was also a finalist in the Portia Geach Award, S. H. Ervin Gallery, Sydney.
Please note the following conditions for this program:
- Masks must be worn by all visitors over the age of 12 (until 1 Dec)
- You must be vaccinated and be able to produce proof of this status to attend sessions prior to 1 Dec
- Bookings are essential and confirmed with payment only. Refunds cannot be issued for workshop non-attendance
- Places are limited and social distancing measures will be in place
- You will be required to check in at the Gallery office using the Service NSW QR code
- All participants will be issued with a set of art making materials which will be cleaned before and after use